Cisco Project Manager
Cisco Project Manager
Thorough understanding of project management phases, techniques and tools:
- Prepare: definition/scope/requirements (SoW etc)
- Execute & Control: scope, project plans (MS Project and other tools) workplans, resources, deliverables, Q/A, transition planning, etc.
- Close: completion, acceptance and assessment, project profitability reporting
- Manage internal and 3rd party resources to ensure project completion on time and to budget
- Change Management Process control
- Act as the escalation point for project issues and lead resolution efforts
- Identify process improvements
- Identify upsell and cross-sell opportunities
Additional Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- 5+ years experience as a project manager in a telecoms environment with Cisco voice products and associated technologies
- Strong and tested project management skills, including sponsor and risk management.
- Professional qualifications e.g. PMI, Prince2
- Experience of complex project management activities in professional services engagements for a technology company
- Excellent written and oral English communications skills that are audience appropriate with appropriate style and delivery to influence audience
- Strong sense of accountability and ownership; understand your role and accept individual responsibility for seeing a task through to its completion (end-to-end), understand when and how to escalate, take appropriate risk (avoid unnecessary risk) and understand impact of decisions
- Ability and willingness to adapt to change and work in a fast paced environment
- Personal attributes: shows initiative, flexible to accommodate a start-up scenario, not frightened to say “No”, builds strong relationships with customers and partners.
- PMI, CCMP, or ITIL or other service management certifications
- Experience with other voice tech platforms e.g. Avaya, Microsoft, or Genesys product lines
Ability to handle multiple priorities and demands in a fast-paced environment. This job operates in a hybrid professional office environment (in office and remote home working)
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all duties, responsibilities or activities that are required of a team member for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. At any point in time, the essential functions and primary duties associated with this position will be the principal, major or most important duties, responsibilities and activities that the employee is expected to perform as determined and directed.