Convergence Systems Engineer-Argentina
Convergence Systems Engineer-Argentina
The Convergence Systems Engineer is responsible for leading customer in deep-dive discovery efforts, configuring and deploying new solutions, active participation on project teams to test integration, UAT, and root cause analysis of problems; performing analysis, providing pre- and post-sales technical support to all associates and customers; strong customer service skills while interacting with cross functional teams and customers to ensure a positive, successful implementation and an excellent customer experience.
- Working with customers and AXIM project team to plan and engineer any new equipment deployments including SBCs and other SIP related products
- Providing knowledge IP and SIP hardware/software in setup and configuration
- Ensuring proper and appropriate software installation and configuration of IP and SIP products
- Performing integration testing with customers to ensure products are configured and working properly in the customer environment
- Performing initial testing on equipment to verify proper installation and configuration
- Detailing testing requirements and plans and generating and executing appropriate test cases
- Communicate effectively, clearly and concisely (both written and verbal) with management, customers and peers
- Working with other equipment manufactures through interoperability testing and subsequent issue resolution
- Driving to appropriate resolution any issues that are discovered with IP and SIP products either personally or by working with 3rd party support/engineering staff
- Effective and complete follow-up on all issues and items
- Providing as-built documentation
Additional Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Communicates status of implementation projects to Project Manager, Client Managers, management, and other parties
- Performs as a technical resource for IP and SIP implementation tasks, including server and operating system issues and network connectivity issues.
- Facilitates knowledge transfer for customers on software/hardware maintenance and client responsibilities
- Performs application upgrades
- Provides on-site and remote support for hardware and operating system problem
- BS degree in Engineering in Computer or Data Networking or equivalent industry experience
- Certifications: CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, Avaya certifications, Ribbon or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience working with IP and SIP
- 5+ years of experience working as a VoIP Engineer.
- Ability to design, implement and troubleshoot VoIP Technologies and VoIP Equipment
- Comfortable working in a Linux/Unix environment.
- Strong documentation skills
- Self-directed and able to work independently to meet deadlines
- Strong understanding of IP network architecture and concepts
- Knowledge and experience with telecommunications voice networks, protocols and concepts
- Ability to troubleshoot issues within the above systems and consult on corrective measures
- Excellent verbal and written skills
Advanced computer related degree of 7+ years of experience
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all duties, responsibilities or activities that are required of a team member for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. At any point in time, the essential functions and primary duties associated with this position will be the principal, major or most important duties, responsibilities and activities that the employee is expected to perform as determined and directed by AXIM or by an Axim allocated customer.
AXIM provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment opportunities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment, and all team members will be treated with respect to their employment, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status. For further details please view the Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP. Equal Employment Opportunity Posters | U.S. Department of Labor (dol.gov)