Job Title: Netbackup Engineer (bilingual English & Spanish and Portuguese is desirable)
- Deliver AXIM Consulting Services engagements for Netbackup, including but not limited to: implementations, upgrades, configurations, assessments, health checks.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues. Provide guidance to customers.
- Interact with customers, partners, AXIM personnel, and third-party vendors to understand and satisfy customer requirements.
- Develop and manage client relationships, ensuring ongoing client satisfaction and quality assurance on delivery of projects.
- Identify, troubleshoot, and resolve technical issues.
- Deliver services based on in-scope solution or assigned tasks; provide regular updates to technical delivery leaders, and escalate out-of-scope requests or issues in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with other team members, program/project managers, and technical teams to deliver engagements and/or escalate/resolve issues.
- Meet or exceed performance metrics, such as timely completion of assignments, utilization, billable hours, and customer satisfaction.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience with Netbackup, solution implementation, troubleshooting, and root cause analysis. In-depth specialization with Netbackup.
- Experience understanding networking and system operations and/or administration.
- Ability to work independently and deliver projects to customers, engaging others when necessary.
- Strong customer focus and skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and oral.
- Willingness to learn and adapt in dynamic environments.
- Overall Unix/Linux/Windows system experience.
- Experience with Enterprise Vault (EV).
- Some scripting and development background (Perl, DOS batch scripting etc. VBScript, Java/C++ a plus).
- Database administration experience a plus (Oracle or SQL preferred).
- Project/program management understanding.
- Working experience with any other Veritas product is plus.
Ability to handle multiple priorities and demands in a fast-paced environment. This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones etc
Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all duties, responsibilities or activities that are required of a team member for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. At any point in time, the essential functions and primary duties associated with this position will be the principal, major or most important duties, responsibilities and activities that the employee is expected to perform as determined and directed by AXIM.
AXIM provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment opportunities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment, and all team members will be treated with respect to their employment, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.